Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Road to Balance

Ah, well, here I am. I haven't written a post in a few months. My absence brings clarity to the fact that everything in life is in a constant state of flux and inbalance. My eternal quest seems to be for balance. I'm looking for the secret to achieving such balance in my life with a family. There always seems to be something that takes a back seat. Whether it is exercising, or healthy home cooked meals, my work or spending really good quality time with my family. As I go through waves in life of paying close attention to something and really giving it energy, something else seems to get swept under the rug. And then, after a little while, the rug gets flipped and reveals what has been neglected, dusty and needing care.

So, my writing has been hidden under the rug. As a small business owner, I realize that blogging is important to spread the word about what I do. However, when I think back on the past few months when I haven't been writing, I realize that I have devoted more time to what really needed me and my presence- even if I should have been making more regular blog posts for my business.

And my lack of attention towards my writing has made me look at how I create balance in life. How do we listen for the imbalance and respond accordingly? How do we listen to what needs to be tended to and go from there? How do we gracefully, or not, let go of what isn't serving us in our lives and feed other areas? Such a big part of parenting is creating that balance and becoming familiar with our own feelings that show us that things are out of balance! A huge part of being conscious as parents is noticing our current mental state, regardless if it is positive or negative. Being aware, noticing what needs attention within ourselves and outside ourselves in our environment.

For me, creating this balance is one of the hardest parts of being a mother. I have to continually work on letting go of the idea of doing it all. It will never all get done. In fact, I'm lucky if I just get some of it done. How do I love myself within the process, whether it is graceful or not? How do I love myself on the days when I can't get anything done as much as those days when I feel as though I've figured it all out? I guess it's not really about the end result, it's about the road we take to get there.

About me

My photo
I am a mother to two wonderful children. They are definitely my greatest teachers. My family and I are blessed to live in beautiful Ventura, CA, where I work part time at Sunrise Birthing Center, part time with pregnant women and their partners, and very, very full time raising my children to be creative and happy individuals. I love hiking, yoga, and laughing. Laughing is my favorite... And most of all, I love spending time with those that inspire me and touch my heart.

Let's Work Together...

I offer private sessions in the comfort of your own home. These sessions are focused entirely on what you would like to work on.

I also offer phone sessions for those who live too far to meet in person.

Please call me or email me for further information.